Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Picky

Don't like:

"cheapness" and "richness" and other weird qualities that aren't
the comparison, not just thing-that-is
anyway a lame shortcut, bypassing thing for opinion/shorthand about thing
is what I think
(also something about how valid an opinion it can be, subjective in a not really communicable way and not helpful, manmade-ness... feh, this later!)

also am riled up now about "the" body because of those people scuffling about it earlier
Tony & co.
I kind of see the point: fakey distance, any generic body must be mine because I have no other experience of body
on the other hand (the hand!) isn't part of the point to take what you have and kinda fuck it up?
mix it up? take yourself out and in and put people and things where they don't belong?
on the first hand again, anything going "the body blah blah blah" sounds kind of lame, now that I think about it. even if your point is "oh I am not my body my body is a strange pink thing what is it?"
which mine occasionally is, so not to make fun
but it seems more effective somehow to still speak in the possessive, to make the contrast more jarring

what else don't I like??