Friday, March 04, 2005

Sorries

I apologize for not being lonely.
I don't resent my inability to accurately express what I am thinking. I don't regret the limit that selfhood places on communication. It's how it works, it's the point... How it works, the inner workings, the body workings, the linguistic workings. It's why it's interesting at all.

I don't want to write something that tries to minimize the barricades between you and me. First, because I can't. But more because what's fascinating and productive and compelling (at least to me) is the bits in between, the words between us, the words simultaneously linking us with their frail little links and also marooning us permanently... We can't bridge the gap, but we can visit it, stay in it, roll in it, assemble and reassemble the pieces in our shared space. I don't want to relate or emote or illuminate, exactly... I want to explore, and if the exploration comes to nothing then I want to talk about the nothing. Bah! Inarticulate today.