Make it GO
So, I already said I know sometimes I don't care about writing for months at a time and then suddenly I switch back into it, and right now I am in not-caring mode. Also in frantic house-hunting and packing mode, which doesn't leave much time even for obsessing over the lack of writing. The question is: should I try and make myself write? Or is that counter-productive, will I just come to resent it altogether?
The point is I was thinking I could do a little self-directed dealy while all those other bastards are doing NaNoWriMo. I wouldn't sign up or anything, but maybe the deadline and word goal and starting from scratch aspects would do me good. I should probably adjust the word goal for poems, though: 10,000? I'll have to think about it. Taking a step back from the things I've been rewriting and smashing around for months and months is likely a good idea. I'm so entrenched in a few images, turns of phrase, that I can't come away and see what I was doing with them in the first place anymore. Maybe this time I could try something a little more narratively together, too. A series with some real cohesion.
WE SHALL SEE.
The point is I was thinking I could do a little self-directed dealy while all those other bastards are doing NaNoWriMo. I wouldn't sign up or anything, but maybe the deadline and word goal and starting from scratch aspects would do me good. I should probably adjust the word goal for poems, though: 10,000? I'll have to think about it. Taking a step back from the things I've been rewriting and smashing around for months and months is likely a good idea. I'm so entrenched in a few images, turns of phrase, that I can't come away and see what I was doing with them in the first place anymore. Maybe this time I could try something a little more narratively together, too. A series with some real cohesion.
WE SHALL SEE.
<< Home